Re: Loading a partial script

On Mon, Jul 31, 2000 at 01:04:37PM +0200, Johannes Brodwall wrote:

> Hi list,
> I have found Beanshell useful for prototyping and for exploratory
> programming.  However, I cannot find any way to save and reload a
> run, which would be very useful for these purposes.
>
> To be more specific, I would like to be able to capture the commands
> executed in the current run of the interpreter into a file, and then
> later reload it (e.g. with the "source" command).  Is there a command
> to do this/does anyone know how to add such a command?

There is some partial support for saving bsh commands and loading them
again...  bsh objects are serializable.  However this wasn't really supported
fully in the 1.0 release.

In 2.0 I hope to provide an easy to use save workspace and load workspace
feature...  as well as make sure that all bsh scripted objects are
serialiable.

You might experiment with saving a bsh object (say 'this' for the current
context of your shell) and reloading it.  But I'm not sure how well it will
work.

Check back soon as I hope to resume work on bsh shortly.

Pat